Monday, March 19, 2012

Well I survived

my first full week of work.  So far the start of this week has went just as well.  My kids are on spring break all this week.   At least one of them will be going to work with me everyday.  Today, it was Kid # 4.  I left Kid # 3 at home and put her in charge of starting dinner and watching Kid # 5.

To make traveling with the babies I nanny for easier on everyone, I purchased a car seat and a double stroller.  I found both of these used on a facebook yard sale site in my area for $45.  The car seat has not been in an accident and it is also not expired.  Just thought I would throw that out there before someone asks :)  I still need one more car seat but my cousin says she has one for me and I should be able to pick that up next weekend.

I have found that having a meal plan now that I am working is invaluable!  It really made evening time last week a heck of alot easier.  I have a white board on my refrigerator that I write the menu for the week on which made it easy for everyone to help out with starting dinner.  I also have a hook with a clip hanging from it inside one of my cabinets and that is where I hang any recipes needed for the week.

I really do love my job and it is nice to not have to worry about what to do with my kids this week.  Has anyone started to think about Easter baskets yet?  I have been collecting little trinkets here and there to use for them. 

I am working on a project for Kid # 3's birthday next week.  I will share it after her birthday is over just in case she read my blog :)

1 comment:

  1. Easter Baskets.... I might try the Dollar Tree (where everything really is $1) for some inexpensive basket goodies. Can't wait to see your birthday project!

    ReplyDelete