Wow I have not posted in a while! We are stuck in limbo at the moment waiting for the school year to end and for the closing on both of our houses.
We sold our current house 9 days after it went on the market. We are slowly selling donating and generally getting rid of items we don't want any longer and won't use in the new house.
Over Spring Break we spent 3 days house hunting in our new city. On the third day we found a house we love!
So that this is where we are now waiting in limbo to move.
I hope to be back to regular posting in June after the move is complete!
Hope everyone is doing well!
Saturday, April 18, 2015
Sunday, March 22, 2015
Monday - Chicken Patty Sandwiches, Cheesy Broccoli, Hummus & Veggies
Tuesday- Baked Ravioli, Garlic Bread, Salad
Wednesday- Pork Chops, Green Beans, Rice
Thursday - Quasadillas, Refried Beans
Friday - dinner out for Kid # 3 Birthday
Saturday- Homemade Pizza
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
I don't think I have officially shared this here on the blog....but we are moving!
We decided in the fall of 2014 that we should relocate closer to my husbands work. For the last 2 years he has been driving 3 hours a day to go to work. Now that we will only have 1 child left at home we have decided it makes better sense for our family to move to an area closer to his work place.
Right now we are in declutter mode. We hope to have our current house listed for sale by the first week of March. So that is our big project we are working on now.
Ideally we hope to move sometime in June after the end of the school year here.
Please think of us and hope our house sells fairly quickly and for a decent price.
I am sure I will have a ton of frugal projects and ideas to share once we are moved :)
Seems I missed last weeks Frugal Things Friday. Let's see if I can come up with 10 things for this week :)
1. Since we are in the process of getting our house ready to sell I have been in big time decluttering mode. I have been listing many items on our local facebook pages. So far this month I have made $97
2. We used some Lowes gift cards to purchase some items needed for a few household repair projects.
3. I have used the money made from decluttering/ selling items to fund my envelopes.
4. I found a really good deal on an iPod 5 on one of our local Facebook sale sites. I bought it as a birthday gift for Kid # 5 and used money I had in my gift envelope :)
5. Other then having my hubby pick up a few odds and ends things, I haven't done any grocery shopping this pay period.
6. I have bought home free boxes from work to use for packing and decluttering. It is nice not to have to purchase those!
7. My co- worker has given me all her newspaper so that I do not have to buy bubble wrap or anything to wrap my breakables in. I do not get the newspaper delivered.
8. We have eaten our leftovers
9. I have made $50 so far this month from my occasional babysitting job which is also used to fund our envelopes
10. I did end up stoping at Kroger this morning for some produce. Found some great deals on manager special!
Friday, February 6, 2015
1. I made $15 in extra cash this week. I am using the extra money I make by selling our stuff to fund our cash envelopes for the year.
2. I planned my driving. I even planned my meet ups to sell items for when I was already out so as not to waste money on gas.
3. We stuck to our menu plan
4. We ate our leftovers
5. We have watched several shows on Netflix this week. We are definitely getting our money's worth out of our monthly subscription
Friday, January 30, 2015
1. I sold a scarf and made $10. I also got an order for 2 more :)
2. I have our budget worked out for February
3. I put together a new budget/ home management binder. This helps me to stay more organized and save money
4. I bought home some leftovers from work that were going to the garbage. It fed us the main course for dinner one night this week
5. We are our leftovers :)
Friday, January 23, 2015
1. I made $40 extra doing some sewing work for a friend
2. I sold 2 items on our local Facebook yard sale groups and made $10.
3. Went to Target with Kid #3 and didn't buy anything :)
4. I took the extra money I made this week and divided it up between my envelopes ( more on that soon )
5. Kid # 5 and I stuck to the menu plan even though my hubby was out of town most of the week