Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Summer Is Almost Here

This is the last week of school for Kid #5.  It is also the last week of school for my kindergartener at work.  I am looking forward to summer in someways and then again not.  

When the Kindergartener at work is home it is more work for me.  He is alittle harder to keep entertained then the 3 yr old and the baby.  Not to mention there is more cause for conflict between the Kindergartener and the 3 yr old when they are home together all day too. I have started planning things we can do and projects we can work on while I am there on the days I work.

The other conflict for this summer is what do do with Kid# 5 while I have to work.  We have never had this problem before since in previous years I have had the summers off.  I can always take her to work with me any day I need to but of course she doesn't really want to do that.  She also can go to work with her Dad once in a while but not as an regular thing each week.  I don't really like the idea of her being home all day long by herself.  We will just have to play it by ear and hopefully get a rhythm going soon. 

I am looking forward to the warm weather and not having such a strict schedule due to school.  That will be nice.  I also will have 2 days a week off to spend with Kid# 5 which is nice too. 

For the first time in a long time I will also earn a pay check during the summer months.  I am really looking forward to that!! Summer always seems to be an expensive time for us.  Seems there are a lot of birthdays and activities we are invited to do that all involve spending money.

Ok well I have rambled on about summer enough now.  Hope everyone is having a good week so far :) Really trying to get in the swing of blogging more.




1 comment:

  1. Summers were always hard for us as I did not get a pay check but that is over now!

    ReplyDelete