2. Boiled a left over whole chicken and then made chicken noodle soup with it using a few other leftover out of the frig :) The roast chicken fed us one meal. The soup fed us 2 dinners and then 4 single servings for my husbands lunch! ( so we probably could have gotten 1 more dinner out of the soup if I didn't use it for the single servings!)
3. Sold a few things this week on the Facebook yard sale sites in my area and made $88 to snowflake towards my car!!!
4. Combined my driving so that I didn't waste gas when I was out.
5. My husbands car has finally died. We own a van which he uses for hauling music stuff around. We also have my car and Kid # 3 has a car. We have decided to not replace my husbands car for a while until we can pay cash for one. We will be making due with the vehicles we already own.
5. I worked on my home management binder making some adjustments for the new school year. I made some of my own printables for it instead of spending the money and buying them from someone else. This was actually not that easy since I am not that computer smart. But I did it anyway!
I've been on a roll with getting some much needed projects done lately. This week I completed several.
A few months a go I found a much prettier over head light at a garage sale then what I had in my craft room originally. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it was brass. But I figured for $5 I could go ahead and get it and remedy the brass color. I bought it right home and gave it a couple coats of brushed nickel spray paint. Then it sat and sat waiting on my hubby to take down the old light so that I could paint the ceiling around where the new light would go in. This week my awesome hubby did just that. After the ceiling was dry he installed the new light for me. Here it is
I just love the pretty little bowl shaped shade it has over it. It is also much much brighter then my old ceiling light! Not to shabby for $5 at a yard sale huh?
One of these days I will post pics of my craftroom :)
Having a menu plan for the whole month of August went really well. I liked it so much that I am just finishing up one for September. I will be posting it soon :) I did not use up all of the meals I had planned in August. I just carried them over into this month.
I did find that menu planning for a whole month did save us some money but not as much as I had hoped. Our total for August was $294.86. My budget before has always been around $400. So this saved us about $100. I am hoping as I do this more I will get better at it and save even more money.
Now in my $294.86 that I spent for August, this included $45 worth of pet supplies which I should not have to buy for September. It also included a good deal on coffee I stumbled upon. The coffee should last us until the end of September I am hoping. My budget also includes all paper product ( not that we use many) and toiletries for the month. I could probably do better on those items if I got back into playing the "drug store game". I will have to think on that some.
Anyway not a bad experiment and one I plan to continue for a while. I'll keep you posted :)