Friday, May 18, 2012

Searl House Happenings for May

Wow I can not believe it has been several weeks since I last posted.  Life is very busy around here and I guess I just haven't had time.  May is always such a busy month for us. We have 3 birthday's and this year we have two graduations also.

 We are all still trying to adjust to my working outside of the home.  Sometimes I doubt myself and wonder if this was really such a great idea.  But I do love my job still and find it very rewarding.  I miss having free time though to work on being frugal and do projects and crafts.  I am finding it a struggle at times to strike a balance with working and getting the stuff done at home.  I am sure most working Mothers have this problems at some time too!  My job may not actually be a permanent position as one of my employers has interviewed for a promotion within his company which if he gets it will take them out of state.  Hopefully, he will hear something soon so I can kind of come up with a plan for what I will do if they move.

Kid # 1- will be getting married June 15.  Luckily they are not having a big wedding since that was derailed by the baby coming at the end of the year.  June 6th they will have a sonogram and hope to find out if they are having a boy or girl.  I plan to attend this sonogram too and really look forward to seeing the baby.  It is still seems unreal to me that my "baby" could possibly be old enough to have one of his own.

Kid # 2- will be celebrating her 18th birthday this month and graduating high school over Memorial Weekend.  We will be traveling to where she lives with her Mother to attend the graduation.  Luckily for us it is not to far of a drive.  She seems to be looking forward to starting college in the fall.  We haven't seen her as much as we have in the past due to her busy schedule but she will be spending a few weekends here and there with us over the summer.  We plan to give her a graduation party at our house at the end of June.  When I first met her she was 5 yrs old and not even in Kindergarten yet!  Hard to believe 13 years have past and she is now grown up!  It was not an easy ride to get to this point but I sure would not have traded it for anything.  She is a lovely young woman and is always willing to help people if they need it.  It will be interesting to watch her grown into her adult life.

Kid # 3- will finish up her Junior year of high school on Monday.  She is happy to be working at her job and recently we helped her buy a car.  It was a much needed item since I am now working outside the home.  We were having a hard time figuring out transportation for everyone.  She had saved over half the money and we helped her with the rest. She will now be making car payments to us each month until she has us paid off.

Kid # 4- is still living with his Father.  I now believe this will be a permenate decision as he seems to be happier there.  Now it will just be a process to work out the legal kinks to make this permanent.  It is never easy dealing with my EX and usually any decision made about our kids boils down to money with him.  I find that very frustrating! I also have some concerns that my EX is not taking counselling for Kid # 4 seriously enough or the need for him to take his medication correctly.  These are major issues I feel must more so then who pays for what with the money!

Kid # 5- is finishing up 3rd grade next week and a will also have a birthday at the end of this month.  She is very excited about both of those things.  Two days a week for the summer she will stay home with her Dad.  The other 3 days she will either go to work with me or stay home with Kid # 3 depending on her work schedule.  She really wants to take golf lessons so she can play with her Dad so I plan to sign her up for those.  She also says she would like to take swim lessons and there just happen to be a pool right down the road from where I work that I can sign her up for them there.  We can even walk to  the lessons!

I have to be honest and say that I have really been struggling with my emptier nest.  I was prepared for Kid # 2 to graduate and grow up.  But I was not at all prepared to have two kids leave the nest this spring and it has really been something that has weighed on me.  I really miss my busy house and all the kids being here.  It is something I realize I will have to adjust to....... but honestly it is hard!  The problems that Kid #4 has had have really weighed on me and I second guess my decisions on a regular basis.  Sometimes the hardest decisions are the best ones though...........

No comments:

Post a Comment