Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Frugal Cleaning

I rarely buy actual cleaning products anymore.  I do buy a spray for my shower some dish soap and some dishwasher soap, but really that is about it.

Here are a few things that I do to save some money and clean my house.

First up I have this Swiffer type product, I believe it is really made by Mr Clean.  I also have about 4 changeable pads that I use, that way when one is being washed I still have others to use.




I just wet the pad and use my spray bottle of All Purpose Cleaner to clean the floor. When the pad is dirty I throw it in my laundry with my load of rags.  I wash a load of rags about once a month. Speaking of All Purpose Cleaner here is my spray bottle of new cleaner I just mixed up last night.  I love this stuff and try to always have a bottle mixed up on hand at all times :)



I recently ran out of Comet cleanser which is what I use to always use to clean my kitchen sink. Instead of running out an buying some.  I used this empty Parmesan cheese container that I had cleaned out and filled with baking soda.  It works great and this is what I will be using from now on! 

 
Here it is in my sink.  It works just as well as the Comet does and I already had baking soda in my pantry.

 
These are just a few ways I am saving some cash using things I already own :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Melissa, i'm trying to do this now as well!! Everything "natural" and no chemicals, etc... I can't handle "regular" store bought cleaners with my asthma and skin issues.. so natural is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to quit buying cleaners but my husband hasn't really accepted the idea yet. I have refused to buy glass cleaner though and just use vinegar and water and for dusting furniture, I use olive oil.

    ReplyDelete