Friday, June 12, 2015

5 Things I Did That Were Frugal This Week



Well I am back :) It sure has been awhile since I have been here. We have been in our new house in our new city for about 3 weeks now. More on that later....

1. I bought a new larger drying rack at Costco before we moved. I have used it like crazy this week doing laundry instead of using the dryer 

2. The couple of times I have used the dryer I did so at night and dried my loads all in a row to take advantage of the dryer already being heated up. 

3. I ran our dishwasher with completely full loads and also at night with the heated dry cycle turned off

4. We have cooked on the grill and used the microwave for side dishes instead of using the oven. This has helped keep the house cooler

5. One evening earlier in the week we had a family size packet of BBQ chicken legs for dinner. We ending up with 4 legs for leftovers. A couple nights later I turned them into BBQ chicken wraps for dinner. I love taking leftovers and using them in another way. 

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy you are back. I really missed you and I am excited to hear about the new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're settled in! :) Good job saving $$ as per usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla! I don't know if we are actually settled but getting there :)

      Delete