Monday, July 16, 2012

Where things are now..........

I have finally had a chance to sit down and run the numbers to see where we stand in our debt pay off.  We are now under $3000! Woohoo!  My original goal was to have our car paid off by my 39th birthday.  Well that has came and went.  But at least we are making progress.  This will be paid off by the end of this year though if not before.  Murphy has paid us a visit at every turn so far this year.  I am hoping that the rest of the year will be much better for us!

Other news........I am back to being a SAHM!  Our friends that I was Nannying for are being transferred out of state with the husbands job.  It was nice to have the extra income and I LOVED those babies to bits, but honestly the hours were alot for the little pay I was making.  I was gone from my house 55 hours a week.  That is more then I care to be working at this point in our lives.  My plan now is to go through the house and clean out as much stuff as I can and sell, sell, sell!  I am hoping to raise at least part of what we still owe on the car by selling our used stuff.

I have been setting aside money for the school fees in August so that won't be a concern.  I also have most of Kid #3 and Kid # 5's dance lessons fees for the year saved.  I need to go through my school box and see if I will need to purchase any supplies this year.  Now that most of my kids are in high school I don't have to buy nearly the supplies I use to.  I think I maybe able to go through the box and sell some of the supplies too.

Hope everyone is having a good summer.  I think mine has been as well as can be expected considering everything that has been going on.

I'll post again soon about some projects I have been working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment