Saturday, April 6, 2013

Best Laid Plans.........( Savings Update #1)

do not always work out.....

After I posted my April Savings Challenge my husband finished up our taxes and informed me we will be owning money to the government this year :(  UGH!  I did not see that coming. 

This will basically wipe out our ER Fund.  So needless to say my April Saving Challenge will be changing.  We will need to build back up that ER Fund as fast as possible. 

I will cut out the saving for our dog's vet bill at this time.  She isn't due to go until the end of May.  I will see what I can do with May's budget to work this bill in.

I guess everything else in my April Saving Challenge will stay the same.  I will still be trying to cut the grocery budget.  We also will be making a decision on what to do with the cable/landline/internet/cell phones.

Everything saved from all of this will go into the ER fund.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh!! :( So sorry! Hope you're able to get your EF built back up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry! I hope,there will be no more glitches on the way, and you'll build it up pretty quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! Hopefully it will all work out in the end :)

    ReplyDelete