Friday, August 2, 2013

5 Things I Did That Were Frugal This Week

1. I walked to several places this week instead of driving. Saved some gas and got some exercise in the process.

2. I made some buns, banana bread and bbq sauce.  All things we needed for dinners and I had all the ingredients to make instead of buying at the store.

3.  I was offered some free food my Kid # 1's sister in law.  I never turn down free food unless it is something we really won't eat.

4.  I went through my "school box".  I will only need to purchase, tissues, and disinfected wipes to start the kids in school!

5. I took this dress that was Kid # 3's and stained and turned it into this skirt for Kid # 5 :)




9 comments:

  1. Well done!! :) Cute skirt! Great save there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you fixed up the skirt. I totally wouldn't have thought of that and probably would have just tossed it.

    I've never thought of making my own bbq sauce. And we go through a lot of it. I'll have to check out some recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BBQ sauce is actually really easy. There are a ton of recipes out there. I have just tried out some until we found one we really liked :)

      Delete
  3. Way to go at being frugal!! Fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your posts and admire how you do things. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you list your frugal things. I would LOVE to do the same if I ever do anything frugal again! :)!

    ReplyDelete