Friday, March 7, 2014

5 Things I Did That Were Frugal This Week

1. Had 100,000 mile maintance done on my car.  This was expensive but I need my car to last a good long time.  It did however end up costing me $200 less then anticipated and I also had a $10 off coupon for any work done over $50 at the place we go.

2. Kid # 5 is in her school play and needed a shirt with ruffles down the front.  The school play is done with grant money so the parents are asked to help with the costumes if we can.  I found her a white ruffle shirt which she liked and will wear again at Goodwill for $3.26.

3. We ate a leftover buffet night.  Helped get rid of the leftovers and keep us from throwing food away.

4. Started to finally clean out Kid # 5's closet.  I have a box almost full of out grown clothes which I should be able to sell most of.  I love clearing out clutter and making some cash with it.

5.  A few months ago I read this post at One Income Family Living about buying chicken in bulk at GFS.  Well it just so happens that we also have a GFS store here.  I happen to be close to the store a few days ago and also had a $5 off coupon so I decide to check and see if ours also carried the bulk chicken at the same price.  Turns out, ours does, so I bought a case.  I now have some prepped freezer meals and several bags of our size family portions of chicken in the freezer.   I think I will be doing this from now on but I will definitely be pairing it with the $5 off $50 coupon they put out regularly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment