Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Just A Little Update

This week is our first week of school.  It is also my first week back to work for the school year.

 Boy the summer sure did fly right by. 

We accomplished many small projects, most of which I posted about in "5 Frugal Thing I Did Last Week". 

We also had our finished basement shower rebuilt and threw my parent in laws a 50th Anniversary Party complete with family pictures.  All of which we budgeted and paid cash for.  Go us!!

We have paid off over half of our car loan.  We are still on track to have it paid off by Dec/Jan.  I actually have a large chunk of money ear marked for the car loan in our savings account. It would empty the account though so I am not ready to do that. Now that I am back to work I will be building up the savings to $2000. Then paying the ear marked cash. That will leave us at just a little over $4000 to pay off between now and the end of the year. I think it is doable :)

I would not say this has been our most frugal summer ever but it has been much better compared to years past. 



No comments:

Post a Comment