Thursday, February 21, 2013

Black Bean Soup

I love black beans, they are one of my favorite beans to eat and I often add them to tacos, chili and other soups.  Tonight I made this Black Bean Soup.  It as delicious and it will now be on the rotation.  Of course I originally found the recipe on Pinterest.

Of course I never follow a recipe exactly and I did a few things different.  I never buy canned beans.  They really are not hard to make.  I just made a pot of them yesterday when I was cooking dinner and put them in the frig until this morning.  I also did not use canned chicken broth.  I always have some in the freezer that I have made myself to use in place of canned.  One other thing I did is leave out the cayenne pepper.  Kid # 5 doesn't really like alot of spice and every time I add cayenne to things she says it is to spicy.  ( Not that she likes hardly anything we have for dinner anyway but one can hope ) 

Anyway we will be having this one again.  I am a little behind in posting my weekly Pinterest recipes.  I hope to be caught up before the end of the month :)  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Cant wait for this recipe since I am thinking I could add it to taco night also. I never buy canned beans either they just aren't worth the money to me

    ReplyDelete