1. I wrote about Kid # 5 hurting her knee here. After having an MRI we discovered it was more serious then we thought. Last Wednesday she had surgery on it. She now has a nice light blue cast until next week. She will then get that one off and get a new cast for another 4 weeks. She will spend all the rest of her summer in a cast. After that she will have physical therapy for most of the rest of the year. Not what we were hoping for at all, but we are adjusting.
2. A few weeks ago my husbands grandmother passed away. She was 105 years old. Yesterday we attended a memorial service for her. My hubby's family has all been here visiting for the weekend. Including his brother and wife who we have not seen in 5 years. It has been a nice visit and I am sad to see them leave!
3. We have blown our budget for most of the summer so far. I hope to get back on track for the rest of the summer. We will see.
4. I have started my Christmas shopping already. Have you?
5. This week I plan to buy several pounds of hamburger which is on sale at our local Kroger until tomorrow night. I am going to use most of it to make some freezer meals to use when school starts. The starting of school is always hectic around here. It will be doubly so since Kid # 5 will be making many trips to the Dr and I will be working a few hours 5 days a week this year. I think having freezer meals will make my life easier.
6. This week Kid # 3's tuition for her first semester of community college is due for the fall. Kid #3 is splitting this cost with us. I am so proud of her for saving up her portion. My extra income from working in the spring is what paid for our portion. It is now paid in full with cash! Now we just have to get books. I have purchased her one so far on our local face book site for $40. A $20 savings from anywhere else I could find it used. We just have 3 more books to purchase and then that is done also.
7. I have a new skirt I am working on. I hope to be able to show pictures of that soon. Hopefully a few other projects soon also.
That is what has been happening here in a nutshell. Hope every one is having a nice summer.