Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 1 & 2

I have decided to try and track all my spending for the month here on the blog.  That way hopefully it will help to hold me accountable.

Yesterday I spent $40 to put gas in my car.  That was my only spending and it was budgeted for.  
For dinner we had this chicken spaghetti and green beans.  I didn't have the pimentos so I used shredded carrots instead.  Otherwise I had all of the ingredients.

Today I took Kid # 3,4 and 5 to the mall to spend gift cards and Christmas money they had recieved.  I bought a purse at JCPenny using a gift card and $7.95 of my own Christmas money that I had also recieved.  So no money out of my household budget.  Also we were good and ate before we went and did not get any treats there.  I then came home and made grilled ham and cheese sandwiches using leftover ham and buns that we had.  We had some other leftovers out of the frig too.  It was a good dinner.

I had hoped to participate in Sharon's fiscal fast for this week.  However since we are still on break from school/work and I am hosting the last family Christmas celebration here on Saturday, I just can't swing it this week.  I do plan to start mine on Monday, January 6 when we are all back to a normal schedule.

We worked on cleaning Kid # 5's room and getting it organized today also.  I got all the bedding changed and washed, now I just need to clean out the closet :(

Tomorrow I plan to work on the budget and finish our food inventory.

No comments:

Post a Comment