Anyway, I mentioned in an earlier post this week that I had found some zebra print curtains/sheers someone was selling on one of my local facebook sites. I spent $16 for them. Here they are off the Walmart site.
As you can see they are floor length and I only got two panels. But Kid #5 has two windows and she didn't really need floor length ones either. They would have just gotten in the way.
So I cut each panel in half. Took out the seams for the hem and the curtain rod pockets. Sewed new hems on the sides and bottoms. Sewed a new curtain rod pockets and I now have 4 panels instead of just two.
Here is how they turned out.
I think they turned out wonderful. To buy 4 panels I would have had to pay $7.95 a panel. So I saved myself some money and just used a little of my time instead.
Best of all Kid # 5 loves them and that is what matters the most :)
PS: she to that lamp in the last picture as a Christmas gift from my Mom. She was thrilled with it too :)