Friday, May 2, 2014

5 Things I Did That Were Frugal This Week


1. Coordinated some driving so as not to waste gas.

2. I needed some supplies to do a few projects.  Went to Hobby Lobby, with my phone app I used the 40% off coupon.  I also had a few dollars left on a gift card I had recieved for Christmas.  Spent less then $10 on my supplies :)

3. My co-worker loaned me a movie to watch this week. So Kid # 5 and I had free entertainment one evening watching it.

4. I had to pick Kid # 3 up at school yesterday.  I coordinated that with some yard sales I wanted to stop at.  Saving us gas because we were in the neighborhood.  Plus we found some needed items on our list for a great price.  My best purchase was an electric skillet for $10 ( I really would have liked to get it cheaper but it was in like new shape so it was probably a fair price).  Kid # 3 got a crockpot for her boyfriends house for $4.

5. I made Kid # 5 a skirt from items I already had.  She must really like it cause she has worn it to school already :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! And I love how something simple like a little pre-planning can save us money! :)

    ReplyDelete