1. We ate our leftover food so there was 0 food waste.
2. I make my husbands birthday cake. He requested a jello cake. I made the white cake from scratch. Purchased 1 box of cherry jello and one container of Cool Whip. Nice cake for really cheap!
3. I made my own chalk board labels with items I already had.
4. I sold a box of toys Kid # 5 no longer played with for $25. I put this right into the school tuition envelope for Kid # 3. She attends community college and we split the price of tuition. We are getting ready for a yard sale which she is helping with. Anything we make goes towards tuition and then we will split what is left.
5. I found us new homeowners and car insurance saving us over $550 a year. Just waiting to finalize all the paper work!