We have replaced most of the ceiling fans in our house except two. One is in our bedroom and the other in the office. Now both of these ceiling fans still worked fine, so I really saw no need in buying new ones. However, I was not crazy about their brassiness. The other ceiling fans that we have replaced were now oil rubbed bronze. I really wanted these last two to be the same finish as the others. My husband was nice enough to take them down, take them apart and tape them up with painters tape. ( Isn't he great!) I then got out my handy dandy spray paint and went to town. Here is the before :
and here is the after:
My husband was also nice enough to install them back in there places. I love how they turned out and this project was basically free since I already had the spray paint from a previous project!