Judy at We may be poor, but we are happy asked what are 7 things you can't give up, would give up or have given up, in order to save money and/or get out of debt? Here is my list:
Can't give up
1. Internet - I like having Internet
2. Victoria Secret bras - I've given birth to 4 kids and nursed 2 for long periods of time these bras work for me and last me yrs
3. Coffee -I would not be a happy person without coffee. I always make it at home though and never buy it out
4. Tampons - This one is self explanatory but I have to admit that I am thinking about trying the "mama pads".
5. House Phone- I would rather give up my cell phone which I hate anyway then my house phone!
6. Kleenex - I am never gonna be a hankie type girl
7. Toilet Paper - We are never gonna be a "family cloth" type family :P
Would give up
1. Cable - we didn't have this for 7 yrs and I could easily go back to not having it)
2. 2nd car - I could learn to live with only one car if I had too
3. Meat every day - I could easily not eat meat every day
4. My cell phone - did not have one for a long time and I could easily live without it again
5. Dryer - I have gone whole summers without having a dryer before and I could learn to live without one permanently if I had to
6. Weekend Newspaper - We get Saturday and Sunday's paper. It was cheaper to get both then to just get Sunday's. I could give them up if I needed to though.
Have given up
1. Paper towel - we use rags. I do have paper towel around for dog accidents but it last us forever and ever. I estimate I buy it twice a yr.
2. Paper napkins - the only paper napkins we have are once that I have picked up from restaurants or the kids have have bought home from fast food they have purchased.
3. Frozen Pizza - I never buy frozen pizza anymore. My hubby makes the best homemade pizza :)
4. Movie/Game rentals.- We have Netflix which is way cheaper then the movie rental stores we have around here.
5. Buying Books - I use the Library now
6. Dryer sheets- I can't remember the last time I bought these
7. Individually packed food items - I always buy the large bags and repackage as needed.
This list was actually harder to come up with then I thought it would be!