Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday Tip

This is my school supply box.



Since today is the start of our school year, I thought this would be an appropriate Tuesday Tip :)  This box is just a simple plastic storage box that I collect school supplies to place in it.  I will pick up a few items here and there as I see a good deal on them.  Last week I bought the loose leaf notebook paper at Office Max for a penny with a limit of 3.  I have had this box for several yrs now.  This year I spent less then $20 on supplies for 4 kids.  Most of what I spent was really picking up a few deals here and there to put in the box.  So this is my Tuesday Tip, start a school supply box.  Take an extra couple of dollars and buy a few supplies in the next couple of weeks. After school starts alot of the supplies will be marked down even cheaper so that stores can clear them out to make way for holiday decorations. This is how I have saved a ton of money at the start of each school year :)

I am linking up to  Learning The Frugal Life's

LearningtheFrugalLife

5 comments:

  1. I have always done this. This is the first year in 26 years I have not had to buy any school supplies. But the box has two hard as rock glue sticks, a box of colored pencils, two boxes of crayons, it is kind of sad. But life goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome tip! I would love for you to link it up to my blog hop!

    http://thriftycraftygirl.blogspot.com/2011/08/blog-hops-count-as-exercise.html

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do this too, except our supplies are spread out on different shelves in a 'school cupboard.' Great tip. School supplies go on sale only this time of year. http://juliecache.com/2011/08/15/frugal-tuesday-tip-because-we-all-love-saving-money/.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hit that same $.01 sale on the notebook paper at Office Max, Melissa. I also bought several extra $.20 spiral notebooks this year because after school starts, they jack up the price of them and my kids always run out mid-year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andi, I bought several extra spirals too :) Then I was lucky and my BFF gave me all her extra school paper! Her kids have all graduated from high school and she didn't need it anymore. That was prolly and extra 20 spirals!

    ReplyDelete