Sunday, June 12, 2011

I did something that was not frugal............

I spent money that could have went towards paying off my car to buy plane tickets to go see my sister.  I am going and I am also taking Kid #5 with me.  The others will stay home with my husband.  They are all busy with lessons and practices and stuff with their activities.  So I decided I would take Kid # 5 with me that way my husband will not have to worry about who is going to watch her while he is working. 

I decided when my sister moved to Arizona a few years ago that I would go visit her once a year.  The longest we have went without seeing each other has been 2 yrs.  I don't want to do that again.  I have also decided that I will not let my personal relationships suffer in order to become debt free.  I will be frugal but I will not always miss out on experiences.  Life is to short and my kids will only be kids for a very short period of my life and I want to enjoy them for as long as possible.

I have to admit though that I do feel guilty when I spend money like this.  Sometimes I have to have my husband tell me it is OK.  Which I did this time and I felt the need to confess here on my blog also.  The money I spent is almost enough to pay two extra car payments but I am going to be OK with it because the time with Kid #5 and my sister and brother in law is priceless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment