Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thirfty Thursday Project

I have slowly been working on Kid # 5 room.  She was in need of a duvet cover for her bed.  I wanted a white one and I didn't want to spend a ton of money on it.  I also didn't want anything that was to plain or to fancy.  One day while shopping in Goodwill I cam across a white curtain panel from the Shabby Chic line at Target.  I just loved it!  At first I didn't really know what I was going to do with it but went ahead and bought it anyway.  I had remembered reading on some blog about someone who had made a duvet cover out of flat sheets.  So I thought I could do the same with the curtain panel at the top and a white flat sheet as the bottom.  I ended up purchasing the sheet at Walmart for $5 and I believe the curtain panel cost less then $5 at Goodwill.  I sewed all the sides together except the bottom.  The sheet was alittle longer then the curtain panel so I overlapped it and just sewed the sides closed. This  left the bottom open which kind formed a pocket of sorts so that I could take it off and wash it.  Anyway here is my duvet cover that I made for less then $10!


I am linking up to
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment