Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fabric Covered Shades.......

In the last few months I have slowly been working on finishing up the decorating I started a long time ago in my bedroom.  I wanted to add something to the cheap frugal curtains I had made for this room.  I posted originally about them here.  It is actually one of my most viewed posts of all time :) 
 
Anyway, I had seen a few pins on Pinterest about covering my simple, white, roller shades with fabric and decided to give it a try.  I followed the tutorial found here on Cottage and Vine.  I did use fabric glue instead of a glue gun.  It was easy to do and so here is how they turned out
 
Before
 



                          Tada-After :)
 
 
 
 
Closer view :)

 
 
I bought the fabric for around $10 at Hobby Lobby.  It was 30% off and I had a gift card from Christmas to use.  Total spent on two windows for the fabric shades ( I have had the white roller shades for years and years) and curtains $20.  I love how they turned out.  Sorry the pictures aren't the best but I think you get the idea :)
 
I am linking up to
under $10 under 1 hr spring 2013
 

4 comments:

  1. I love the curtains and the shades. We are getting ready to do our bedroom finally and I have a budget of um..nothing so I really like this idea. We have thermal curtains and they are so plain and I hate when I pull them back and its just the white shade...so into my fabric stash I go tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great solution for plain white shades! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great update! Thanks for joining the party :)

    ReplyDelete