Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Spicy Crockpot Chicken Stew

This is what we are having for dinner tonight.  I have made this several times and everyone likes it, which is always good :)


3 or 4 large chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces ( I used 3)
1 can condensed fat free chicken broth ( I used 2 bullion cubes dissolved in water cause that is what I had)
1 can tomato soup
3 carrots cut into 2 inch chunks
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup water
3 TBSP minced garlic, or 3 whole cloves minced ( I buy the big jar of Our Value minced garlic at Walmart)
1/2 TSP black pepper
2 TBSP chili powder ( I left this out because I make my own taco seasoning and it is kinda spicy by itself)
1 package taco seasoning or 1/4 cup if you buy in bulk
1 -15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 - can kidney beans
1- can navy beans ( I am using black beans that I made myself, out of my freezer)

Put all ingredients except beans in crock pot.  Cook on High for 4 1/2 hours ( I cook mine on low all day) Check to make sure the chicken in done.

Add beans and cook another 10-15 minutes on high ( I add my beans in at the same time as everything else)

Top with sour cream and/or shredded cheese, jalapenos, green onion or any other topping you might like. ( we do the sour cream, crushed up tortilla chips and shredded cheese)

1 comment: