Thursday, March 10, 2011

Laundry Day

Thankfully I am feeling  almost human again.  Although my youngest is still sick with the flu. 

On Wednesday's is the start of my laundry day.  I usually can't get all of it done in one day.  That is usually because I try to get to many things done at one time instead of just concentrating on the laundry.

There are a few things I do to make my laundry experience as painless as possible in the time and money department.

1.  I pretreat all stains
2.  I make my own laundry soap. ( will do a post on the recipe for that at a later time)
3.  I wash all loads except whites and sometimes bedding in cold water
4.  I have stopped using fabric softener and have noticed hardly any difference
5.  I hang alot of my own clothes on a drying rack to dry instead of using the dyer.       
    That is not to say that I never use the dryer but I do hang most of my own
    clothes.
6.  In the warm weather months I use a clothes line and use the dryer only at night after 
     the sun goes down. ( I'll have to do a post on that one too when it gets warmer )

All of these things combined I believe help me to save at least a few pennies or more each month to add to my "debt snowball" !

No comments:

Post a Comment