Thankfully I am feeling almost human again. Although my youngest is still sick with the flu.
On Wednesday's is the start of my laundry day. I usually can't get all of it done in one day. That is usually because I try to get to many things done at one time instead of just concentrating on the laundry.
There are a few things I do to make my laundry experience as painless as possible in the time and money department.
1. I pretreat all stains
2. I make my own laundry soap. ( will do a post on the recipe for that at a later time)
3. I wash all loads except whites and sometimes bedding in cold water
4. I have stopped using fabric softener and have noticed hardly any difference
5. I hang alot of my own clothes on a drying rack to dry instead of using the dyer.
That is not to say that I never use the dryer but I do hang most of my own
6. In the warm weather months I use a clothes line and use the dryer only at night after
the sun goes down. ( I'll have to do a post on that one too when it gets warmer )
All of these things combined I believe help me to save at least a few pennies or more each month to add to my "debt snowball" !