Friday, March 4, 2011

Who am I?

I thought it might be appropriate to do a post about me.  I am Melissa, 37 and I have lived in Illinois most of my life.  I have been married to my husband for 10 yrs.  Together we have 5 kids.  The oldest is 21, grown and moved out.  He lives with his fiance about 3 minutes from us. # 2 is 16 and does not live with us full time but we do see her often. #3 is 15 and will turn 16 at the end of this month.  Both girls are getting ready to get their drivers licence.  #4 is 13, he plays guitar and will graduate from 8th grade this year. #5 is the baby of the family and is 7.  She is just starting to figure out what is means to be the youngest in the family and have so many older siblings.

We have a crazy busy life.  Since we are a blended family we are always driving to and fro with kids going somewhere.  Everyone is involved in after school activities which has practices and lessons to attend.  My husband also is a bass player, in a band on top of working towards his Bachelor degree and working full time at his job. 

So I am the domestic CEO of our family. I have always been frugal, crafty and interested in saving money.  A few years ago I discovered blogs and Dave Ramsey.  That is when I really stepped it up with my frugality's.  Not only do I love money saving blogs but I also love crafty ones.  I love to make things and always have a project of some sort going.  I have a love affair with spray paint.  My kids say if you stay in one place to long at our house you will get painted too :)  Being crafty is just another way for me to save money.  If I can make it on the cheap why buy it? 

Last year in 2010 is when I really decided that we needed to work our "plan".  So this will be the story of us and my documentation of it........

No comments:

Post a Comment