Thursday, April 28, 2011

Searl House Happenings

Wow! I can't believe it has been over a week since I last posted.  It seems like the weeks just fly right by.  My kids and I are counting down the days until school is out.  I would really like to say that our time will be less structured and busy but that is not the case.  It will be different though and less stressful. 

Kid # 2 has been playing on her schools badminton team.  We have traveled to watch her play a couple of times now.  We live a little over 2 hours from where she attends school so when I say travel it really is a drive.  In our school district we do not have badminton as a sport so it was very interesting to see her play and how it all works.  This Saturday, Kid # 3 & 4 and I will be traveling again to watch her play in an all day tournament.

                                                   Here she is in action :)



We had all the kids here Saturday to color Easter eggs.  They all seem to really enjoy doing it still.  Heck even my husband and I still like too :)  I found a good deal on eggs for 99 cent and I used a dye kit I bought last year after Easter for 25 cents :)  For their Easter baskets I try to collect things all year long.  I have a storage box I put everything in and it holds things for Easter and Christmas stockings.  I have saved a ton of money by purchasing things on clearance or on sale and saving them in that box.  Sometimes I add the samples I get in the mail too.

Here are all the kids coloring eggs.




I have several project I am working on and hope to post about some of them soon.  It would really help if the rain would stop, as I have several painting projects I would really like to get done also.  Today is pay day so I will be working on paying bills, updating the budget for the next two weeks and the menu plan. 

So there you have it that is what has been going on around here for the last week or so.  Hope everyone had a nice Easter and all are staying dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment