Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday Tip

A couple of years ago I was looking for ideas on how to save money on my grocery bill.  My grocery budget consists of all household paper products as well as toiletries, animal food and people food.  As I was looking around on the Internet I came across several blogs who had switched from paper napkins to cloth ones.  This was a light bulb moment for me.  I was like duh why had I not thought of that.  I then began looking for cloth napkins at thrift stores and yard sales.  I quickly had accumulated a large supply of them.  I found a location to store them in my kitchen and we have been using them every since.  I put a basket under my kitchen sink which is marked "dirty" on it and that is where the dirty napkins go until I launder them.  I have a small stack of white napkins which I throw in with my white clothes when I wash them and the rest are washed with my towels or other dish clothes.  I have not noticed any difference in the quantity of laundry I do by adding cloth napkins to it.  Does it save me a ton of money?? No it does not but it does save me at least a few dollars every month which then frees up that money for something else ......like maybe some ice cream :)

LearningtheFrugalLife

No comments:

Post a Comment