Friday, April 1, 2011

Update of Yearly Goals

Since today is the first day of a new month I thought it would be a good time to review the goals I set for the year.

Personal/Family

1. Visit more with my girlfriends.  Shoot for once a month. -I think I have done pretty well with this so far this year.
2. Invite friends over for dinner or out to dinner.  Shoot for every other month. - we have done this a couple of times since the first of the year
3. Be more mindful of the amount of time kids are using the compute. - need to work on this one more
4. Be more mindful of my own computer time. - I think I am improving on this one alittle at a time
5. Read with Lilly more - I have not done this as much as I would like
6. Ask for help from everyone in my family more when I am feeling overwhelmed - I think I have been improving on this but it is a work in progress
7. Teach the kids to cook a few basic meals - Alayna has cooked a few things recently and they were good
8. Family movie night once a month - we have done this a few times but I don't think it has been once a month 
9. Go to the library more - not done this yet 
10. Read more books - I have read several books at least 2 a month since January
11. Wiener Roast 2x - to cold yet to do this
12. Camping at least once this year - hopefully in the summer we will get this accomplished13. Be more mindful of scheduling my time - work in progress
14. Make more gifts this year for bday's and Christmas - I have definitely done this and have several ideas to use for Christmas too!
15. Exercise more - not really done this one yet :(

Household

1. Sewing desk for office
2. Shelves for office
3. Closet shelves for office4. Peg board for office
5. Organize office
6. Downstairs bathroom floor
7. Kitchen Floor
8. make better use of chore notebook
9. organize coupon binder
10. Make a price book
11. Make a household notebook

Money

1. Pay off the balance on windows
2. Save for South Carolina trip
3. Pay extra towards car
4. Sell on eBay
5. Pay cash for downstairs bathroom floor
6. Try to shave $50 a month off grocery budget - Here are my numbers so far this year- January $13, February, $54 and March $15. As you can see February was my best month so far.  Hopefully April be also!
7. Save for Christmas - I have been putting aside a minimum of $40 a month since January  and plan to keep doing so for the rest of the year.
8. Track clothing/shoes purchases for family for the year - have been doing this each month. 
 9. Pay bills on time
10. Possible bathroom remodel

Well there you go.  I think I am making good progress on my goals so far.  Hopefully that will continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment