The next step in this organization project was to find some inexpensive boxes to fit the cubbies so that Kid #5 would have to some place to store her smaller toys. After scouring Pinterest, I decided to make her some fabric covered boxes myself. I first started this project when I was still working as a Nanny. So over a few months I bought home all the empty diaper boxes and baby wipes boxes. I also used a few printer paper boxes I had on hand. Here is the tutorial I used to make my boxes which I originally found on Pinterest. I used a painters drop cloth to cover my boxes. I made a total of 9 boxes. This is what they looked like when I was done.
I thought they were kinda plain looking but they did work and fit well into the cubbies. Then I happen to stubble on this tutorial for making fabric bins on Pinterest and fell in love with the handles. So I decided to add handles to my boxes. This is what they looked like next
Next I decide they needed some numbers on them. So I stenciled some numbers on them.
And here they are with Kid #5s toys all organized in them. I love how they look and to make all 9 boxes cost less then $25. They are also sturdier then the fabric bins you buy from the store and I would have spent at least $45 buying them.
I really do heart Pinterest!